Tuesday, October 21

ok so I've got here - Mumbai

Finally set up a blog thanks to Barry!!! so I can fill you all in on the fantastic adventures I'm having. I've arrived to the worst weather they get in this area cause it's soooo hot and humid but it just won't rain. but I'm not complaining, gorgeous sun streaming in through my window every morning just alleviates home sickness! Despite a good few nights I'm covered with mosquito bites! As I've been to Mumbai quite a few times before, I'm not planning on going to all the touristy places and have been exploring the 'real' side to Mumbai. I've been going into this fantastic school, which is particularly attended by less well-off Muslim families. The reason it's so fantastic is, contrary to the general education here, this school is really focused on learning through experience and exploration. The children are teaching the teachers as well as each other and so they feel quite relaxed about coming up with extraordinary statements and theories. Ok well I've been holding on to this post in order to fill you up on all I've been doing until now and just haven't had a chance to...and tooo daunting now! So I'll just leave it as I'm having a fantastic time here and am not jealous one bit of the weather I've been hearing about over there :P!

No comments: