Friday, November 28

all well and fine

just to inform you all... we here are all fine and well. unfortunately this is occuring just as James has arrived in India, so he is not getting the best views of Mumbai - we confined to ma's apartment. telephone communications and live news are unpredictable but we're staying up to date through the gift of the Internet. some family members and friends have had nasty experiences but as far as we know, none of our significantly close-ones have been killed or even physically hurt. we had plans to go to darjeeling and will try and go away tomorrow morning we have been advised by an aunt currently in darjeeling, an aunt in the tourist office and a friend in the police that this is the best option. I will however most likely not have access to the internet. last update: 16:19(Mumbai) 10:49 (London)

3 comments:

Linda Blyth said...

Hi rhiannon, sorry this is the first time Ive been able to send you a message (im not very computer literate am I!). We're glad to hear you are OK. Sharon tells me you are going away for a while, good timing! I love your blog, especially the journey through sounds, sights and smells. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time with the children. Take care of yourself.
Linda et al xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, six and a half hours ahead. I wasn't aware the time difference was that vast.

Have fun in Darjeeling, will you be going on the toy train?

Say hi to James to me (and what has he been up to so far?)

Anonymous said...

Damn it, I saw the news a few days ago and panicked, which is weird because I read this BEFORE I saw the news report so I should have known you weren't effected.

I guess I didn't properly understand what you were referring too. I'm glad you're alive and safe.

I feel a bit stupid for being worried now since I read this before knowing you could have been in danger. Anyway, enjoy yourself. Please remind me you're still alive later on.